Monday, March 13, 2006

Inspirational Life Story True - The King and Shoe

I got my admission in GCE Tirunelveli. The college was located in south Tamilnadu, around 600 kms down south of Chennai. I had so far lived all my life in the chennai, which was a metropolitan city. I had a different vision about colleges. But on landing in GCE Tirunelveli, i realised that the college didnot meet my expectations. I felt it was not the place where i should study. Very reluctantly i got admitted to the college, yet i was insisting my father to get a transfer to a different college, in Erode or to a different private engineering college in Chennai. My father did put in his efforts but it did not work out. I was down. It was then my father narrated me this story, that is normally told in our villages."In the good old days, kings ruled the country. There was a king who ruled a country, which was prosperous. It was quite common in those days for the kings to disguise, make a trip and get the feeler of what the citizens feel about his rule. He went to some distant parts of his country. The general feed back was good. He was happy.He returned to his palace with a content heart, only then he realised that his feet was causing him lots of pain. He realised that it was the first time where he had taken such a long trip and the roads he had travelled were un even, rocky and rough. He thought of what to do and then ordered his people to cover every road of the entire country with leather. Since the country was prosperous he did not mind about the huge cost of the project.

Then one of his wise minister advised the king, "Why to kill so many cows and incur a huge cost, instead you just cut a little piece of leather to cover your feet ?"The king was surprised, but he later agreed to his suggestion, to make a "shoe" for himself."

That's how shoes were born. More than the birth of the shoes, this story has much more meaning to it. It is just that "Change your heart, then look at the world, the world would be a better place to live."

Image courtesy : Google Images

6 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Man who knew too much said...

GCE STUDENT AYE ?
Interesting blog you have .. pleased to have gone thru it .. am Srivathsan from ECE2004 batch ..

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, what kind of thing, did not meet in your standard in my college.What did u expect on there?.So many good persons have come from that college.
What was your expection on that college?
Without meaning, story also..
one guy also appreciating..
I was a 1996 to 2000 batch Mech. student.Now also, I feel very proud about my college.

 
At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you like GCE?
I also studied there from 1991 to 95. But it was a nice place and i liked much..

SKV

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

GCE is the place i can't even forgot in my life. I am from 1995-99 batch.
Muthu

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear friends,

GCE, Tly has churned out so many bright and successful engineers since its inception in 1981. I was a part of this august institution from 1984 to 1988. Rather than grumbling with what we did not have those days, we were happy with what we had. Initially the college functioned from Medical college campus, workshops were conducted in Sankar Nagar etc.

So, I would like to make a point here that GCE, TLY was/is not as bad it is projected some times.

Have a brave heart and you will find no problem in front of you.

Balakumar. S
s.balakumar@eil.co.in

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

15.07.14daigege
ray ban sunglasses
christian louboutin sale
ray ban wayfarer
pandora outlet
hollister clothing store
oakley sunglasses discount
michael kors
true religion sale
sac longchamp
air max shoes
ray ban glasses
ralph lauren outlet
ralph lauren outlet
snapback hats wholesale
burberry scarf
kate spade bags
cheap beats
polo ralph lauren outlet
oakley sunglasses outlet
tory burch handbags
prada outlet
coach outlet online
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet store online
michael kors handbag
kate spade handbags
ralph lauren uk
true religion outlet
abercrombie outlet
air jordan
longchamp pas cher
michael kors
replica watches cheap
cheap oakley sunglasses
soccer jerseys wholesale
coach outlet
air max 95
cheap soccer shoes
christian louboutin
coach outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FreeWebSubmission.com